Accreditation brings great rewards. But staying compliant can be tough, especially when manufacturers release subtle upgrades and additions to their equipment and accompanying documentation.
That’s what oneSOURCE is built for. From CMS and The Joint Commission compliance, to AAAHC and AAMI accreditation standards, giving your techs access to our databases helps drive high scores.
It’s not only good for your bottom line, but most importantly, patient safety.
Adhering to these manufacturer requirements is essential for meeting the regulatory guidelines, professional and accreditation standards of organizations, including:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) – CMS provides health coverage to more than 100 million people through Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program and the Health Insurance Marketplace. Click here for CMS accreditation information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – The CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects Americans against health threats and responds when these issues arise. Click here for CDC accreditation information.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) – OSHA assures safe and healthful working conditions by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance. Click here for OSHA compliance information.
- The Joint Commission (TJC) – TJC is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies nearly 21,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. Click here for TJC standards information.
- Joint Commission International (JCI) – JCI promotes optimal patient care worldwide in part by setting standards and performing on-site surveys of facilities. Click here for JCI accreditation and certification information.
- Association for Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) – AAMI is the primary source of consensus standards for the medical device industry, as well as practical information, support and guidance for healthcare technology and sterilization professionals. Click here for information on the AAMI standards program.
- The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) – AAAHC accredits ambulatory health care organizations, including ambulatory surgery centers, office-based surgery centers, endoscopy centers and college student health centers. Click here for more information on AAAHC’s certification program.
- Det Norske Veritas Healthcare (DNV) – DNV accreditation reflects CMS requirements and best practices from other specialty health organizations. Click here for more information on DNV’s accreditation program.
- Center for Improvement in Health Care Quality (CIHQ) – CIHQ is a membership organization primarily for acute care and critical access hospitals. Click here for information on CIHQ accreditation and certification programs.
Noncompliance can lead to citations or even failed accreditations … and all the damaging public exposure that comes with it.
When your technicians use oneSOURCE online document databases, you can easily document that they have efficient access to the latest manufacturer information related to instrument sterilization, tissue and implant handling, biomedical equipment servicing and facility maintenance.
We offer seven databases containing these manufacturer documents:
- Surgical Instruments & Equipment – IFUs for reusable surgical instruments, devices and equipment
- Tissue & Implant – IFUs for biologic and non-biologic tissue products and any surgical implants
- Biomedical Service Manuals & Documentation – Preventive Maintenance Service Manuals and documentation for biomedical equipment
- Facilities Maintenance – Service manuals concerning non-medical equipment and systems in the healthcare facility
- Dental – IFUs and SDS/MSDS sheets for reusable dental instruments, equipment and consumables
- Long-Term Care – IFUs and manufacturers’ service documents for reusable medical and non-medical equipment and supplies used in Long-Term Care facilities
- Safety Data Sheet Database – Unlimited digital copies of SDS/MSDS sheets with archives up to 30 years
Each database is supported by its own team of oneSOURCE specialists who maintain, enhance and update the collection of documents on a daily basis.
To minimize healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and adhere to accreditation standards, your Sterile Processing and Operating Room technicians continually refer to these documents as they maintain and prepare equipment.
The first step in this process is to ensure validated IFUs are easily accessible to everyone throughout your facility who needs them. oneSOURCE offers IFU-related databases for two primary categories of products: